GSC offers grant funding to graduate VSOs in order to:
- Provide a broader educational and cultural experience for graduate students
- Enhance interdepartmental social interaction among students
- Strengthen the campus-wide sense of community among graduate students
- Make the graduate school experience more valuable and enjoyable for all graduate students
If you have any questions about the funding process, please email the GSC Funding Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply for a Programming Grant
- Review the GSC Funding Guidelines
- Submit a funding application on GrantEd
- Remember to choose 'Graduate Student Council' as your source of funding.
- Put your event on the GSC Google Calendar
- Create an event on any Google Calendar and send an invite to "email@example.com".
- Attend GSC funding office hours at least two weeks in advance of your event
- Schedules are in flux, for now just email the firstname.lastname@example.org email
- Attend the GSC meeting on the immediately following Wednesday night
- For the time being this step is optional (but still recommended!)
Wednesdays in the Graduate Community Center, Nairobi room. The meeting starts at 6pm and VSO requests start at 6:15pm
- We are currently meeting on zoom, check the home page for the details.
- Each VSO request will be reviewed, questioned, and voted on.
GSC Funding Calendar
Your group must:
- Be a Voluntary Student Organization (VSO) registered with the Office of Student Engagement (previously SAL).
- Run events that are open to all graduate students, and anticipate at least 30% graduate versus undergraduate participation.
- NOT already receive any funds from GSC annual grants (or special fees).
- Complete all required training by OSE, including the banking workshops for Financial Officers (FOs).
- Comply with all relevant University policies.