GSC offers grant funding to graduate VSOs in order to:
- Provide a broader educational and cultural experience for graduate students
- Enhance interdepartmental social interaction among students
- Strengthen the campus-wide sense of community among graduate students
- Make the graduate school experience more valuable and enjoyable for all graduate students
If you have any questions about the funding process, please email the GSC Funding Committee at email@example.com.
How to Apply
- Review the GSC Funding Guidelines
- Submit a funding application on GrantEd
- Remember to choose 'Graduate Student Council' as your source of funding.
- Put your event on the GSC Google Calendar
- Create an event on any Google Calendar and add "firstname.lastname@example.org" as a Guest.
- Attend GSC funding office hours at least two weeks in advance of your event
- Mondays at 7pm in the GSC office on the 2nd floor of the Graduate Community Center
- You can make an appointment here.
- Attend the GSC meeting on the immediately following Wednesday night
- Wednesdays in the Graduate Community Center, Nairobi room. The meeting starts at 6pm and VSO requests start at 6:30pm
- Each VSO request will be reviewed, questioned, and voted on.
Your group must:
- Be a Voluntary Student Organization (VSO) registered with the Student Activities and Leadership Office (SAL).
- Run events that are open to all graduate students, and anticipate at least 30% graduate versus undergraduate participation.
- NOT already receive any funds from GSC annual grants (or special fees).
- Complete all required training by SAL, including the banking workshops for Financial Officers (FOs).
- Comply with all relevant University policies.