GSC offers grant funding to graduate VSOs in order to:
- Provide a broader educational and cultural experience for graduate students
- Enhance interdepartmental social interaction among students
- Strengthen the campus-wide sense of community among graduate students
- Make the graduate school experience more valuable and enjoyable for all graduate students
If you have any questions about the funding process, please email the GSC Funding Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply for Standard Grants
- Review the GSC Funding Guidelines
- Submit a funding application on GrantEd
- Remember to choose 'Graduate Student Council' as your source of funding.
- Submit a VSO Funding Request Form
- This should be done before your Funding Committee office hours meeting on Monday
- Put your event on the GSC Google Calendar
- Create an event on any Google Calendar and send an invite to "email@example.com".
- Attend GSC funding office hours at least two weeks in advance of your event
- Mondays at 7pm in the GSC office on the 2nd floor of the Graduate Community Center
- You can make an appointment here.
- Attend the GSC meeting on the immediately following Wednesday night
- Wednesdays in the Graduate Community Center, Nairobi room. The meeting starts at 6pm and VSO requests start at 6:15pm
- Each VSO request will be reviewed, questioned, and voted on.
Your group must:
- Be a Voluntary Student Organization (VSO) registered with the Office of Student Engagement (previously SAL).
- Run events that are open to all graduate students, and anticipate at least 30% graduate versus undergraduate participation.
- NOT already receive any funds from GSC annual grants (or special fees).
- Complete all required training by OSE, including the banking workshops for Financial Officers (FOs).
- Comply with all relevant University policies.