The Diversity & Advocacy Committee works to support inclusion, openness and multiplicity within the Stanford community.
The Graduate Student Council Diversity and Advocacy Committee (DAC) aims to increase diversity within the graduate student community by initiating/facilitating events and advocacy efforts (a.k.a. "projects") that achieve the following
- Increasing diversity of graduate student admission pool;
- Building vibrant and supportive communities for graduate students from underrepresented groups;
- Establishing and/or enhancing inter-community dialogue and interactions; and
- Educating the broader graduate student population on relevant histories, activities and issues pertaining to underrepresented communities.
All DAC projects must adhere to the University's Fundamental Standard.
Current DAC Leaderhip
- Co-Chairs: Emily Schell & Jarita Greyeyes
The Diversity & Advocacy Committee is offering bi-weekly office hours for individuals or student groups who would like to meet with us and/or share concerns impacting their communit(ies). You can schedule a time to meet with us here: calendly.com/dacofficehours