Graduate Student Council
The GSC is grounded on three pillars:
- Advocacy at the university level
- Funding Student groups
- Programming events fro students and their families
Through these pillars, the GSC unifies graduate and professional students throughout their academic group at Stanford University. As graduate / professional student, you already are a member!
Contact us at chair at gsc.stanford.edu
And always remember to wear a bike helmet!
Interested in being active with the GSC? Get on the GSC Members List. Just visit https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/gsc-members and subscribe with your stanford.edu account!
Interested in finding out what’s going on? Hungry for free food and new cultural experiences? Check out our calendar of all GSC sponsored events!
Graduate Student Council Funding Process for VSOs:
- Submit a funding application on MyGroups choosing the Graduate Student Council as your source of funding and using our funding guidelines to figure out what we do and do not fund and our guidelines for food budgets, etc.
- Come to a funding committee meeting. Your application should be submitted and you should attend a funding committee meeting at least two weeks in advance of your event. You should also put your event on the GSC Google Calendar prior to the meeting by creating an event on any Google Calendar and adding "email@example.com" as a Guest. Make sure to have a detailed description of your event on the calendar and include any relevant links to RSVP forms or Facebook events.
Our funding committee meetings are on Monday nights at 7pm in the GSC office on the second floor of the Graduate Community Center. You can make an appointment on our appointment booking website. The link to the appointment website should also appear on MyGroups when you submit your funding application. You can also show up to the meeting on a walk-in basis, but it's better to make an appointment because we take appointments first. At the Monday night meeting we will go over your application with you and make a non-binding recommendation to the full Graduate Student Council.
- After we meet with you on Monday night, you or someone from your organization needs to come to the full GSC meeting on the immediately following Wednesday night (meetings are normally in the Nairobi room of the Graduate Community Center). The meeting starts at 6pm and we do VSO requests at 6:30pm, so just make sure you are at the meeting before 6:30pm. We will go through all the VSO requests for that week and vote on them and you will be there to answer any questions.
If you are having trouble with MyGroups, please contact Stanford Student Enterprises. SSE has also made this video which you can watch.
If you have any questions, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.